Monday, June 4, 2012

The beginning of the end and beginning

Today is the last Monday of the school year for my sons who attend a small parochial school. It is the only school my boys have ever known and this is their last week there. Next year they will be homeschooled along with their older sister who has just survived (dare I say thrived on) her first year of homeschooling. There are a lot of loose ends to tie up this week. Goodbyes to be said, teacher gifts to be purchased, one last field trip, a birthday party to attend, a final day of car pool and then the end. Right now any sadness they (and may I say I as well) may feel is completely overshadowed by the euphoric relief signalling the end of the school year. We're almost free!

As for next year, right now we're all looking forward to it. Sure, it will be a little strange when friends and neighbors are uniformed and headed back to class (Im sure we'll remember them as we're enjoying the beautiful September sunshine and lounging by our fellow home-schooled friend's pool...)but I am very much looking forward to this next adventure that we are headed on. God has provided both a passion and opportunity to school our children in this manner and I know that as this is His plan it is best for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment